CRICOS CODE: 108811A
The BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) exhibits the role of people who implement highly specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these positions generate and evaluate complex ideas. They further introduce, plan, and implement key learning and development functions within an organisation. They have complete responsibility and liability for the personal output and work of others.
This course is ideal for leaders and managers in an organisation where knowledge is used to create organisational capability. Potential job roles that align with this qualification include RTO Manager, Career Development Manager, L&D Manager, and RTO Director.
Move on to become a leader and manager and capitalise on learning to build organisational capability. This qualification accompanies abundant opportunities, providing you with skills that can be applied to industries and organisations all around the world.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course entry and English language requirements:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
- IELTS band 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) or equivalent.
Applicant does not need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if one of the following applies:
- Applicant is a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
- Applicant is a Foreign Affairs or, Defence sponsored student or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES).
- Applicant is enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course.
- Applicant has completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicant completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while they held a student visa.
- If an applicant has not undertaken any English Language Proficiency Test like IELTS, PTE, etc and does not meet the exempted criteria given above for English language proficiency, an applicant is required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test at Riverdale Institute and required to achieve a satisfactory LLN score to gain entry into their course.
Minimum required LLN score for entry into this course:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 4
- Writing: 4
- Oral Communication: 4
- Numeracy: 4
Please note that Riverdale Institute will not enrol an applicant into a course, if an applicant is unable to achieve satisfactory LLN score and that Riverdale Institute deems it is unable to offer sufficient LLN support to an applicant to complete their studies.
Pre-training Review (PTR):
The purpose of conducting the Pre-training review is to:
- Ascertain an applicant’s aspirations and interests with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain a suitable, and the most suitable qualification for an applicant to enrol in, based on their existing educational attainment, capabilities, aspirations, and interests and with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain that the proposed training and assessment strategy and resources used are appropriate for an applicant.
- Identify and assess the support needs and services like LLN support, personal support, non-academic support etc that an applicant would require during their studies.
PTR will be conducted during the enrolment application process and before admission is finalised using the PTR form. Please refer to Riverdale Institute’s Pre-Training Review Policy and Procedure.
Total number of units: 8
For more information, please refer to www.training.gov.au
- 3 core units
|Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
|Lead strategic transformation
|Implement improved learning practice
- 5 Elective units
|Lead financial strategy development
|Lead and manage organisational change
|Develop and implement business plans
|Develop marketing plans
|Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Bachelor honors in Education or a master’s degree from any university in Australia