CRICOS CODE: 110078G
The CPC33020 Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying provides a trade outcome in bricklaying and blocklaying for undertaking work in housing, industrial, and commercial locations. Acquire industry-specific skills, knowledge, and experience for carrying out bricklaying, blocklaying, and paving tasks on a building site. Potential job titles embrace Bricklayer, Blocklayer, or Paver.
By studying the units of competency for the CPC33020 Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying, students will learn to lay and bond bricks and similar building blocks for domestic, commercial, and public buildings and the expertise to construct arches, columns, steps, stairs, feature walls, curved walls, and ornamental panels. This course will further facilitate students to understand plans, usage of power tools and equipment, lay walls and corners, make measurements and calculations, distinct types of construction and setting out and levelling, and apply work health and safety practices to confirm they meet safety standard requirements at all times.
Learn in simulated workplace environments and gain practical experience with hands-on training to flourish in this in-demand area of the construction industry.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory, and certification requisites may vary between states. Check with your relevant state and territory regulatory authorities to confirm those requirements.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course entry and English language requirements:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
- IELTS band 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) or equivalent.
Applicant does not need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if one of the following applies:
- Applicant is a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
- Applicant is a Foreign Affairs or, Defence sponsored student or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES).
- Applicant is enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course.
- Applicant has completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicant completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while they held a student visa.
- If an applicant has not undertaken any English Language Proficiency Test like IELTS, PTE, etc and does not meet the exempted criteria given above for English language proficiency, an applicant is required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test at Riverdale Institute and required to achieve a satisfactory LLN score to gain entry into their course.
Minimum required LLN score for entry into this course:
- Learning: 3
- Reading: 3
- Writing: 3
- Oral Communication: 3
- Numeracy: 3
Please note that Riverdale Institute will not enrol an applicant into a course, if an applicant is unable to achieve satisfactory LLN score and that Riverdale Institute deems it is unable to offer sufficient LLN support to an applicant to complete their studies.
Pre-training Review (PTR):
The purpose of conducting the Pre-training review is to:
- Ascertain an applicant’s aspirations and interests with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain a suitable, and the most suitable qualification for an applicant to enrol in, based on their existing educational attainment, capabilities, aspirations, and interests and with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain that the proposed training and assessment strategy and resources used are appropriate for an applicant.
- Identify and assess the support needs and services like LLN support, personal support, non-academic support etc that an applicant would require during their studies.
PTR will be conducted during the enrolment application process and before admission is finalised using the PTR form. Please refer to Riverdale Institute’s Pre-Training Review Policy and Procedure.
Total number of units: 28
For more information, please refer to www.training.gov.au
- 20 core units
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies, and procedures in the construction industry|
|CPCCCM2006||Apply basic levelling procedures|
|CPCCOM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry|
|CPCCOM1013||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCOM1014||Conduct workplace communication|
|CPCCOM1015||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCBL2001*||Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials|
|CPCCBL2002*||Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment|
|CPCCBL3002*||Carry out masonry veneer construction|
|CPCCBL3003*||Carry out cavity brick construction|
|CPCCBL3005*||Lay masonry walls and corners|
|CPCCBL3006*||Lay multi-thickness walls and piers|
|CPCCBL3009*||Install flashings and damp proof course|
|CPCCBL3010*||Construct masonry arches|
|CPCCBL3011*||Construct curved walls|
|CPCCBL3013*||Construct masonry structural systems|
|CPCCCA3002*||Carry out setting out|
|CPCCCM2008*||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
|CPCCCM2012*||Work safely at heights|
|CPCCOM2001*||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
- 8 Elective units
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CPCCCO2013*||Carry out concreting to simple forms|
|CPCCPA3001*||Prepare subgrade, base and bedding course for segmental paving|
|CPCCPA3002*||Lay segmental paving|
|CPCCPA3003*||Cut segmental paving|
|CPCCPA3004*||Finish segmental paving|
|CPCCPA3005*||Maintain and repair segmental paving|
|CPCCSF2004*||Place and fix reinforcement materials|
|BSBESB301||Investigate business opportunities (Imported unit)|
Note: Units marked with an *asterisk have one or more prerequisites.
For more details, please click here.
- • CPC40320 Certificate IV in Building Project Support
- • CPC50320 Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)