CRICOS CODE: 114398C
A 2-year course that sets you on the path to becoming a skilled senior designer in civil works. Our course is designed to support professional engineers, making you adept at handling a variety of complex and technical tasks.
During this course, you'll delve into diverse projects, from residential and industrial buildings to intricate road designs. Our experienced industry trainers will impart practical skills and knowledge that can be applied to different job roles, projects, and opportunities.
Discover the intricacies of designing and constructing civil works, such as structures and pipe networks. This nationally recognised course integrates various engineering specialties, expanding your capabilities to plan, design, develop, and manage construction and repair projects. Acquire skills in applying construction principles to civil engineering works, creating advanced engineering designs and drawings, and understanding structural analysis.
At Riverdale Institute, we make learning engaging and accessible, ensuring you not only gain valuable insights but also enjoy the journey of acquiring expertise in civil construction design.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course entry and English language requirements:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of an Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
- IELTS band 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) or equivalent.
Applicant does not need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if one of the following applies:
- Applicant is a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
- Applicant is a Foreign Affairs or, Defence sponsored student or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES).
- Applicant is enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course.
- Applicant has completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicant completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while they held a student visa.
- If an applicant has not undertaken any English Language Proficiency Test like IELTS, PTE, etc and does not meet the exempted criteria given above for English language proficiency, an applicant is required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test at Riverdale Institute and required to achieve a satisfactory LLN score to gain entry into their course.
Minimum required LLN score for entry into this course:
- Learning: 3
- Reading: 3
- Writing: 3
- Oral Communication: 3
- Numeracy: 3
Please note that Riverdale Institute will not enrol an applicant into a course, if an applicant is unable to achieve satisfactory LLN score and that Riverdale Institute deems it is unable to offer sufficient LLN support to an applicant to complete their studies.
Pre-training Review (PTR):
The purpose of conducting the Pre-training review is to:
- Ascertain an applicant’s aspirations and interests with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain a suitable, and the most suitable qualification for an applicant to enrol in, based on their existing educational attainment, capabilities, aspirations, and interests and with due consideration to the likely job outcomes from the development of new competencies and skills.
- Ascertain that the proposed training and assessment strategy and resources used are appropriate for an applicant.
- Identify and assess the support needs and services like LLN support, personal support, non-academic support etc that an applicant would require during their studies.
PTR will be conducted during the enrolment application process and before admission is finalised using the PTR form. Please refer to Riverdale Institute’s Pre-Training Review Policy and Procedure.
Total number of units: 12
For more information, please refer to www.training.gov.au
- 5 core units
|Manage program risk
|Manage team effectiveness
|Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
|Manage civil works design processes
|Establish and maintain a quality system
- 7 Elective units
|Manage project quality
|Manage project human resources
|Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|Conduct business negotiations
|Prepare detailed geotechnical design
|Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures
|Provide leadership in the supervision of diverse work teams
After achieving RII60520 - Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design, Individuals could progress to Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).